The C104 Odyssey of Sound VCO is a voltage controlled oscillator based in the discrete core of the ARP VCOs ( 2600, Odyssey… ).
The oscillator has four waveforms available simultaneously ( sine, triangle, saw and square with variable pulse width ). The square wave pulse width goes from 10% to 90% and can be over-modulated. This feature makes possible to created sounds that are not possible in other VCOs.
In addition to the VCO, the module includes a Ring Modulator ( CMOS ) and a Diode Soft Clipping circuit that can be voltage controlled. The RM and the DSC have independent outputs.
Ring Modulator ( RM )
- CMOS based.
- Independent ouput.
- VCO Square wave is internally connected to the Ring Modulator.
Diode Soft Clipping ( DSC )
- Soft clipping level control.
- Soft clipping level can be voltage controlled.
- Independent output.
- Two waveforms available, ( triangle and saw ) selectable by switch.
All these features makes the C104 Odyssey of Sound VCO a versatile oscillator with a sonic range not available in other VCOs.
This module is built using high quality electronic components, Switchcraft jacks, NKK switches, Cosmo knobs (the same used in the Moog Modulars) , black anodized aluminium front panel ( like the original Moog Modulars )….
- Module Format : 5U, MU format ( Synthesizers.com, Moog )
- Module Width : 2 MU ( Moog Unit )
- Power : +15V@54mA , -15V@48mA
- Power connectors : Synthesizers.com , MOTM ( 4 pin )
- Frequency Range : 5Hz to 30KHz
- Signal level : 10Vpp ( +/- 5V )