The C101 OTA Lowpass filter is a four pole low pass filter ( 24db/octave ) based on four cascade OTA-stages. The design is similar to the one found in classic synthesizers like Roland System 700, Roland System 100m, Roland SH-1, SH-7, SH-101, Roland Jupiter 8, Jen SX1000 and many more.
When the Resonance control is set at a high value the filter will start to oscillate and the C101 can be used as a sine wave VCO. The filter will track perfectly over at least 5-6 octaves and is also temperature compensated.
In many 4-pole low pass filters the output volume drastically drops when the resonance is increased. The C101 OTA Lowpass filter is specially designed to maintain a constant output level at any resonance value ( with the exception of when the filter is set to auto-oscillation ).
Another important feature is that the C101 has voltage controlled resonance.
C101 main characteristics
- Filter response 24db/octave
- Filter self-oscillate
- Can be used as VCO ( 1V/Octave )
- Voltage controlled Resonance
- Temperature compensated
- Two Frequency Modulation inputs
- Two audio inputs
- 1V / Octave input
This module is built using high quality electronic components, Switchcraft jacks, Cosmo knobs (the same used by Moog Modular) , silk screened front-panel….
If you want to order this module click here.
- Module Format : 5U, ( Synthesizers.com, Moog )
- Module Width : 2MU ( Moog Unit )
- Power : +15V@23,2mA , -15V@22,1mA
- Power connectors : Synthesizers.com , MOTM ( 4 pin )
- Frequency Range :15Hz – 21 KHz
- Signal Levels : Typical 10Vpp ( -5V to +5V )